The monthly update disc you receive from BSMGR for RMS contains a current copy of the Christian Books & More® database, new images, music samples, and program changes. Remember to run IVDC after installing your update to reflect retail prices changes for your store’s inventory items. When that program completes, you can use IVL to print labels with the new prices. For your convenience, the RMS program changes included with this update are listed below.
The price file for the active Munce catalog is included on this update.
- M-SUM-R.TXT = Summer Sales Catalog (29-May-2017 thru 30-Jul-2017)
If you sent out this Munce catalog to your customers, you can run "IVPROMO" in BSMGR and enter the appropriate file name.
As a reminder, the program will check your inventory file for the following:
- If you are missing products from the catalog, the program will prompt you to add them, pulling basic information (title, author, retail, etc.) from the Christian Books & More database.
- Once missing products have been added to your inventory file, the program will set up the following for all the products in the catalog file:
» Sale price; » Sale start date; » Sale end date; » Promo code.
Enhancements and Changes for 8.10
- • MADE LIST BOX 2 CHARACTERS BIGGER SO THE FULL DESCRIPTION OF THE CHARGES WOULD SHOW UP.
- • ADD ITEM TO BSMDATA – IF SYS 2094 = Y, THE ITEM ADDED WAS NOT BEING ADDED TO THE CONSOLIDATED DATABASE.
- • ADD POSMENU AND CASHCALC TO POS TAB.
- • SELECT CAN NOW BE BY DBL CLICKING – ADDED MULTI-RECORD READ FOR MULTI-STORE.
- • ORDER ENTRY – NON-INVENTORY ITEMS NOT RINGING TO CORRECT DEPTS.
- • POS: FILE ERROR 35 ON POSMSG.TXT – IF YOU SET SYS | MISC. CONFIG #4011 TO “FILE” BUT DON’T HAVE A POSMSG.TXT FILE, POS GETS A FILE ERROR 35 ON POSMSG.TXT WHEN IT TRIES TO START. THE PROGRAM WILL NOW WARN THE USER OF THE PROBLEM, THEN DISABLE THE RECEIPT MESSAGE SO POS CAN RUN.
- • ADDED GIFT CERT SOLD AS A BUTTON TYPE.
- • FORCE WIGGLES AND BARNEY OFF – WE NO LONGER HAVE RIGHTS TO BURN THE WIGGLES AND BARNEY PERSONALIZED DISCS. THE PROGRAM NOW DISABLES THESE TWO PRODUCT LINES AUTOMATICALLY SO THEY DON’T SHOW ON QUEST.
- • ADDED EXIT MESSAGE TO LOG WHEN NO UPDATE FILE FOUND.
- • CHANGED HEADERS IN EXCEL EXPORT
- S01 THRU S96 = SALES DEPARTMENTS
- D01 THRU D96 = DISCOUNTS
- C01 THRU C96 = COST OF GOODS
- • CONSISTENT LABELS – SOME HAD “MULT-STORE” WHILE OTHERS HAD “MULTI-STORE”.
- • SUMMARY REPORT ADDED “TOTALS FOR COMPANY” IF OPTION WAS TO PRINT IN MINUTES. BECAUSE OF ROUNDING ISSUES TOTALS FOR COMPANY IS NOT AVAILABLE IN 100’S.
- • ADDED BUTTONS FOR 7.6, 8.0, AND 8.1 – EASILY ACCESS NEW BSMGR FEATURES ADDED IN VERSIONS 7.6, 8.0, AND 8.1. ALSO REMOVED OLDER BUTTON/LINKS.
- • COPY TEAMVIEWER.EXE TO ACULOCAL BEFORE RUNNING.
Please contact us if you experience problems installing your update.
Remember, you can view program enhancements and fixes as well as other emailed communications from Bookstore Manager at emails.bsmgr.com.
Your BSMGR Support Team
firstname.lastname@example.org | (800) 997-6724 (option 2)