We sent an email out on June 7th regarding the “Full PO Stock Check” feature in IVO no longer working due to a change at Ingram. As promised, this is our follow-up notification to let you know the IVO program has been updated to support their web service API for stock checks instead of using the socket connection that is being discontinued. The IVO program was updated last week and we’ve had a few stores using it the past several days. Since none have reported problems with the change, it was pushed out last night as a critical update.
You must be on version 8.10L to receive this critical update. If you are on an earlier version, please get caught up by installing your updates through June 2017. Once you have the critical update installed, BSMGR should show “Version 8.10L-01” in the lower right corner of the main screen. If it still shows “Version 8.10L-00”, you can manually trigger the critical update process from SCHEDULE | click the “Utilities” tab | click the “Check for Critical Updates Now” button.
If you are having any problems getting the critical update to install on your system, please let us know. You can use SPT to put the call directly onto our support docket, you can email us at email@example.com, or you can call us at 800-997-6724 option 2.
The monthly update disc you receive from BSMGR for RMS contains a current copy of the Christian Books & More® database, new images, music samples, and program changes. Remember to run IVDC after installing your update to reflect retail prices changes for your store’s inventory items. When that program completes, you can use IVL to print labels with the new prices. For your convenience, the RMS program changes included with this update are listed below.
The price file for the active Munce catalog is included on this update.
If you sent out this Munce catalog to your customers, you can run "IVPROMO" in BSMGR and enter the appropriate file name.
As a reminder, the program will check your inventory file for the following:
If you are missing products from the catalog, the program will prompt you to add them, pulling basic information (title, author, retail, etc.) from the Christian Books & More database.
Once missing products have been added to your inventory file, the program will set up the following for all the products in the catalog file: » Sale price; » Sale start date; » Sale end date; » Promo code.
Enhancements and Changes for 8.10
• MADE LIST BOX 2 CHARACTERS BIGGER SO THE FULL DESCRIPTION OF THE CHARGES WOULD SHOW UP.
• ADD ITEM TO BSMDATA – IF SYS 2094 = Y, THE ITEM ADDED WAS NOT BEING ADDED TO THE CONSOLIDATED DATABASE.
• ADD POSMENU AND CASHCALC TO POS TAB.
• SELECT CAN NOW BE BY DBL CLICKING – ADDED MULTI-RECORD READ FOR MULTI-STORE.
• ORDER ENTRY – NON-INVENTORY ITEMS NOT RINGING TO CORRECT DEPTS.
• POS: FILE ERROR 35 ON POSMSG.TXT – IF YOU SET SYS | MISC. CONFIG #4011 TO “FILE” BUT DON’T HAVE A POSMSG.TXT FILE, POS GETS A FILE ERROR 35 ON POSMSG.TXT WHEN IT TRIES TO START. THE PROGRAM WILL NOW WARN THE USER OF THE PROBLEM, THEN DISABLE THE RECEIPT MESSAGE SO POS CAN RUN.
• ADDED GIFT CERT SOLD AS A BUTTON TYPE.
• FORCE WIGGLES AND BARNEY OFF – WE NO LONGER HAVE RIGHTS TO BURN THE WIGGLES AND BARNEY PERSONALIZED DISCS. THE PROGRAM NOW DISABLES THESE TWO PRODUCT LINES AUTOMATICALLY SO THEY DON’T SHOW ON QUEST.
• ADDED EXIT MESSAGE TO LOG WHEN NO UPDATE FILE FOUND.
• CHANGED HEADERS IN EXCEL EXPORT
S01 THRU S96 = SALES DEPARTMENTS
D01 THRU D96 = DISCOUNTS
C01 THRU C96 = COST OF GOODS
• CONSISTENT LABELS – SOME HAD “MULT-STORE” WHILE OTHERS HAD “MULTI-STORE”.
• SUMMARY REPORT ADDED “TOTALS FOR COMPANY” IF OPTION WAS TO PRINT IN MINUTES. BECAUSE OF ROUNDING ISSUES TOTALS FOR COMPANY IS NOT AVAILABLE IN 100’S.
• ADDED BUTTONS FOR 7.6, 8.0, AND 8.1 – EASILY ACCESS NEW BSMGR FEATURES ADDED IN VERSIONS 7.6, 8.0, AND 8.1. ALSO REMOVED OLDER BUTTON/LINKS.
• COPY TEAMVIEWER.EXE TO ACULOCAL BEFORE RUNNING.
Please contact us if you experience problems installing your update.
Remember, you can view program enhancements and fixes as well as other emailed communications from Bookstore Manager at emails.bsmgr.com.
Many of you use the “Full PO Stock Check” feature in IVO. Ingram Data Services discontinued their socket-based Internet stock checks on 6-Jun-2017. This caused the “Full PO Stock Check” feature in IVO to stop working properly.
This was the first time for us to experience a failure of the socket-based stock check to Ingram, and the program incorrectly identified the error as coming from Anchor Distributors. Anchor’s system is still properly responding to socket-based Internet stock checks.
Ingram has a web service replacement for their discontinued socket-based stock check, and we will modify IVO to use this service. In the meantime, they have re-enabled the socket-based Internet stock checks for 30 days to give us time to migrate the program to use their web service stock checks.
Since the 30-day window may expire before our July update gets delivered to stores, we will also push the change out as a critical update for version 8.10L (the June 2017 update version).
Wondering about show specials? Yes, we have show specials! Note: You must commit the week of the show to qualify.
$1,000 off Platinum with BSM Processing -or- $500 off Gold 2 User with BSM processing for NEW stores qScan – $100 off (single user or multi-user) Email Marketing – No sign-up fees + One month free – first month will be billed and credited upon sign-up Credit Card Processing – One free EMV credit card reader w/BSM processing ($290 value)
Plus, Robbie Halstead with Kingdom Retail Solutions is offering a 25% discount for all BSMGR training packages that get scheduled at the show.
We will be there in Booth #236, and we look forward to seeing you!