The monthly update disc you receive from BSMGR for RMS contains a current copy of the Christian Books & More® database, new images, music samples and program changes. Remember to run IVDC after installing your update to reflect retail prices changes for your store’s inventory items. When that program completes, you can use IVL to print labels with the new prices. For your convenience, the RMS program changes included on this update are listed below.
The price files for multiple Munce catalogs are included on this update.
- M-OCT-R.TXT = Regular sale pricing – October catalog (26-Sep-2016 thru 31-Oct-2016)
- M-NOV-RN.TXT = Regular sale pricing – November catalog (31-Oct-2016 thru 27-Nov-2016)
- M-NOV-RD.TXT = Regular sale pricing – November catalog (31-Oct-2016 thru 24-Dec-2016)
- M-NOV-CN.TXT = Conservative sale pricing – November catalog (31-Oct-2016 thru 27-Nov-2016)
- M-NOV-CD.TXT = Conservative sale pricing – November catalog (31-Oct-2016 thru 24-Dec-2016)
- M-2DAY-R.TXT = Regular sale pricing – November/December 2 Day Sale (Set dates in IVPROMO)
If you are sending out one of these Munce catalogs to your customers, you can run “IVPROMO” in BSMGR and enter the appropriate file name. You will need to specify the start and end dates for the 2 Day sales catalog items.
As a reminder, the program will check your inventory file for the following:
- If you are missing products from the catalog, the program will prompt you to add them, pulling basic information (title, author, retail, etc.) from the Christian Books & More database.
- Once missing products have been added to your inventory file, the program will set up the following for all the products in the catalog file:
» Sale price; » Sale start date; » Sale end date; » Promo code.
Enhancements and Changes for 8.02 and 8.10
- • FIXED LINKAGE ERROR CALLING DATERTNS.
- • FIXED ISSUE WITH USAGE REPORTING.
- • BLOCK BOGUS IMAGE NAMES FROM SEASONS FOLDER.
- • YOU CAN NOW LIMIT INVOICES PULLED USING RECEIVED BY DATES.
- • WE NOW STRIP THE QUOTES OR COMMAS OUT OF THE MISC. FIELD. THEY CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH THE DELIMITER IN THE TEXT FILE.
- • ADDED PORT 10009 TO THE GROUP OF PORTS THAT ARE CHECKED.
- • NEW PROGRAM – SETTLES ALL PAX TERMINALS FROM ONE LOCATION.
- • CORRECTED CHECK BOXES FOR DAYS TO INCLUDE – SUNDAY TOTALS WERE SATURDAYS, SATURDAYS WERE FRIDAYS, ETC.
Enhancements and Changes for 8.10 Only
- • IN ADDITION TO THE EXISTING “MOVE BUTTON” FEATURE, YOU CAN NOW COPY A BUTTON AND PASTE IT’S SETTINGS ELSEWHERE.
As a reminder, each month’s update disc also includes a folder titled “Manual” that contains the current RMS manual. The file is in Microsoft Word format, and there is a free Word viewer program in the folder in case you don’t have a copy of Microsoft Word installed on your computer.
Please contact us if you experience problems installing your update.
Remember, you can view ECN notices and other emailed communications from Bookstore Manager at emails.bsmgr.com.
Your BSMGR Support Team
email@example.com | (800) 997-6724 (option 2)